The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has announced a new centralized processing for permanent labor certification applications (also know as PERM) applications. Effective June 1, 2008 -
- Processing of all PERM applications will be centralized at the Atlanta National Processing Center (NPC).
- Applications for H-2A, H-2B, H-1C and D-1 will be processed at the Chicago NPC
- Requests for withdrawal of PERM applications must be submitted to the Atlanta NPC
- Requests for withdrawal of labor condition applications (LCAs) for H-1B, H-1B1 and E-3 non-immigrants that is being paper filed
must be submitted to the Chicago NPC
- Employers filing paper LCAs due to a physical disability must file with the Chicago NPC.
NOTE: In addition, all paper applications will need to be filed with the correct processing centers. The DOL will forward any incorrectly filed applications received within the first 15 days after June 1st to the correct location. All applications filed at the wrong NPCs after June 16th 2008 will be rejected.