The May 2008 Visa Bulletin, released by the U.S. Department of State (DOS), sows considerable forward movement in almost all employment based categories across the countries. The May Visa Bulletin will come into effect from May 1, 2008.
Employment Based Categories
• EB-1 (Priority Workers)
• EB-2 (Advanced Degrees Holders or Persons of Exceptional Ability)
• EB-3 (Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers)
• EB-4 (Special Immigrants)
• EB-5 (Immigrant Investors)
Family Based Categories
F – 1 (Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens)
• F – 2A (Spouses & Children)
• F – 2B (Unmarried Sons and Daughters)
• F – 3 (Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens)
• F – 4 (Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens)
In family based categories, due to heavy demand in the Mexico F2A category, it’s likely that the dates will be severely retrogresses by June 2008.
We also see forward movement in many of the employment based categories in May. The bulletin explains this as due to an effort by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to maximize the use of numbers still available. Consequently, once USCIS finds the application exceeding the numbers, the numbers are mostly likely to retrogress, it will probably not happen before the last quarter of this fiscal year i.e. August 2008.