The June 2008 Visa Bulletin, released by the U.S. Department of State (DOS) indicates that EB-3 numbers are almost over for this fiscal year and the numbers will probably be retrogressed starting July, till September 2008. The June Visa Bulletin will come into effect from June 1, 2008.
Employment Based Categories
- EB-1 (Priority Workers) · EB-2 (Advanced Degrees Holders or Persons of Exceptional Ability) · EB-3 (Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers)· EB-4 (Special Immigrants)· EB-5 (Immigrant Investors)
Family Based Categories
- F – 1 (Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens) ·
- F – 2A (Spouses & Children)
- F – 2B (Unmarried Sons and Daughters)
- F – 3 (Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens)
- F – 4 (Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens)
High demand for numbers in the Mexico F2A category is likely to lead to retrogression in cut-off dates beginning this July. In addition, the EB-3 category is also nearing its annual limit and the cut off dates are likely to be retrogressed too in July. The category will normalize in October 2008 again.