Below is a sample status report for an IT consulting company. Regular status reports from employees provide good evidence that a petitioning company maintains control of an employee. USCIS likes to see reports like the one below because they help to demonstrate that an employer-employee relationship exists. The format below has not been endorsed by USCIS, but is merely an example of how such a report might be structured. All persons, organizations, and activities mentioned below are fictional. Other formats may be better suited to the individual petitioner’s needs.
MONTHLY STATUS REPORT
From: Sebastian Arnold
To: Victoria Edmonson – Director of Human Resources, Thermancis Enterprises
Subject: Status Report, May 2012
ACTIVITIES PLANNED FOR LAST MONTH
- Develop the search template.
- Set parameters for the search program.
- Remedy search failures.
- Developed a new search program for the user system with user friendly parameters.
- Responded to reported errors in the system in a quick and efficient manner.
- Develop a user friendly system to update clients on pending transactions.
No new issues to report this month.
Status report submitted by: SEBASTIAN ARNOLD Signature: _______________
Status report accepted by: VICTORIA EDMONSON Signature: _______________