EB-1 Visa

This category of visa is for persons with proven extraordinary ability in arts, sciences, education, business or athletics. Managers and executives expecting a transfer to the U.S are also eligible under this category. Honors such as Nobel Prize or similar awards duly prove this status. There are, however, alternative means of proving or judging your extraordinary ability.

Do I Qualify?

In order to qualify:

  • You must have proven talents or skills in the arts, the sciences, education, business or athletics, OR
  • You must be an internationally recognized, outstanding professor or researcher, OR
  • You must be a Manager or an executive expecting a transfer to the United States

How to Apply?

To obtain this visa either you or your employer should file in Form I-140 (Petition for Alien Worker) with the USICIS Regional Service Center that has authority over the area where you intend to work. All necessary documents and evidence should be attached in support of the petition. Labor certification is not required for EB-1 petitions.

What are the Key Required Documents?

Supporting documents for outstanding professors and researchers should include and demonstrate:

  • At least three forms of documentation to prove your talent or special ability
  • Evidence of international recognition in your field as an outstanding professor or researcher
  • At least three years experience in your academic field.
  • You are coming to US to take up a tenure track position.

If you are a manager or executive to be transferred to the US under EB-1 category, you must:

  • Prove you held a position outside the U.S. as a manager or executive for at least one out of the past three years.
  • The company you work for has or must have been seeking to enter the US to conduct business during that period of time.