P-2 Visa

The P2 classification applies to a foreign citizen coming temporarily to the United States to perform as an artist or entertainer individually or as part of a group. The individual or the group will perform under a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the U.S. and an organization in another country.D

Do I qualify?

The US sponsoring organization, after determining your qualification, files a petition on your behalf. The petition must be filed with:

§ A written consultation by an appropriate labor organization
§ A copy of the formal reciprocal exchange agreement between the U.S. organization(s) sponsoring the foreigner and the organization(s) in a foreign country which will receive the U.S. artist or entertainer
§ A statement from the sponsoring organization describing the reciprocal exchange of U.S. artists or entertainers as it relates to the specific petition for which classification is sought
§ Evidence that the foreigner and the U.S. artist or entertainer subject to the reciprocal exchange agreement are artists with comparable skills. The terms and conditions of employment should also be similar.
§ Evidence that an appropriate labor organization in the U.S. was involved in negotiating, or has approved the reciprocal exchange of U.S. and foreign artists or entertainers.