How to Replace a Lost Reentry Permit

In the event that an LPR misplaces his or her reentry permit while inside the United States, (s)he should file a Form I-131 to replace it. If the LPR is outside the U.S. at the time the document is lost, (s)he should try to return before the one year anniversary of his or her departure. If this is not an option, (s)he must file a DS-117 to apply for a returning resident visa. Continue reading