If a foreign University outside of the United States awarded your degree, you are considered a foreign pharmacy graduate by the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC). Therefore, you must fulfill some requirements put in place by the United States government.

How Do I Qualify for an H-1B Employment Visa?

You need to satisfy the following requirements in order to be eligible for the H-1B Visa:

  • Have a degree from an accredited college of pharmacy,
  • Successful completion of the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE). More information about the application process is posted on
  • Satisfactory English Language Proficiency Test Score
  • Successful completion of NABPLEX (National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Licensing Exam). Go to for more details.
  • Participation in residency or internship programs to acquire direct patient care experience