If a foreign University outside of the United States awarded your degree, you are considered a foreign pharmacy graduate by the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC). Therefore, you must fulfill some requirements put in place by the United States government.
How Do I Qualify for an H-1B Employment Visa?
You need to satisfy the following requirements in order to be eligible for the H-1B Visa:
- Have a degree from an accredited college of pharmacy,
- Successful completion of the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE). More information about the application process is posted on www.nabp.org
- Satisfactory English Language Proficiency Test Score
- Successful completion of NABPLEX (National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Licensing Exam). Go to www.nabp.org for more details.
- Participation in residency or internship programs to acquire direct patient care experience